Tips For Grilling the Perfect Pork Chop
Do you crave the perfect pork chop but are afraid you’re going to overcook it? Fear not! We’ve put a list together of some tips we use that have helped us keep our pork chops staying juicy and full of flavor.
- Use a rub or seasoning to season your pork chops to add extra flavor.
- Set a timer so you don’t overcook your pork chops. This step is so simple but so so important. For our Fairland Farms pork chops we typically do ~7 minutes on the first side, and ~3-5 minutes after flipping (1 1/4 thick).
- Use a meat thermometer. This has helped me soo much when it comes to cooking meat! We take our chops off at 140°F and let them rest for a few minutes to finish cooking to 145°F.
- Try to only turn your pork chop once. The less you flip it, the more it holds in the juice.
- Use a spatula or tongs to flip your chop so you don’t poke it. If it gets poked, the juices will flow out leaving you with a dry chop.
Enjoy your juicy, delicious chops!